Architectural Villa by Gae Aulenti for sale in Pisa Pisa - Tuscany
Architectural villa by Gae Aulenti for sale in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy.
GAE AULENTI (1927 -2012)
Gaetana Aulenti, best known as Gae Aulenti, was one of the few Italian women to rise to prominence in architecture and design in the postwar years.
Amongst her many achievements:
- Venice – Museum Renovation
- Barcelona – Museum Renovation
- Istambul – Museum Renovation
- San Francisco – Museum Renovation
- Paris – converted a Paris train station into the Musée d’Orsay
- Her work on the Musée d’Orsay led to commissions to create a space for the National Museum of Modern Art at the Georges Pompidou Center in Paris
- Designed showrooms for Fiat
To know more on Gae Aulenti and her work, please visit the flooring links:
Currently for sale, this villa in Pisa is the only private property in the whole of Tuscany designed by starchitect Gae Aulenti.
Just a few minute walk from the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and all town’s amenities, this stunning estate is a pure architectural statement.
There are two car accesses, one to the front and one to the rear of the property, a huge garden of 2,500 sqm, mainly lawned, with mature trees, shrubs, a vegetable garden and some fruit trees. Plenty of space for alfresco dining and for hosting parties with friends and family. Fully fenced around its perimeter, the private garden is safe for both children, and their pets.
The solid walls of the villa and the clever design of the property, offer maximum privacy to its occupants and guests. Windows and french doors are strategically located, inviting lots of natural light in all rooms, and yet keeping prying eyes at bay. Moreover, the absolutely stunning skylight, which is a top feature on its own, literally floods the extra spacious living room and dining area, with natural light. Furthermore, an electric awning mounted on the skylight, will allow you full control over the amount of natural light you will want in the house at any given time.
On two floors, ground and first, plus an additional basement, this very exclusive residency includes a double bedroom with ensuite shower room, two single bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room and the other one with ensuite bathroom, a cloakroom (WC and washbasin), a laundry room, a boiler room, utility room, storage room, eat-in kitchen, living room with open fire place, sitting room, study, a a greenhouse, a shed, and a covered space for parking on the ground floor. The first floor instead, comprises a kitchen-diner, which could be turned into a bedroom, a double bedroom, a split bathroom ( WC and bidet in one room, bathtub and washbasin in another), and a terrace.
The first floor can be used either as part of the house with access from the living room on the ground floor, or as an independent apartment with access from the garden. At present it is used as a one bedroom apartment with one of the two bedrooms as kitchen-diner (plumbings already in place).
There are two accesses to the property, one from the front and one from the back, both of them gated and on public paved roads. The villa is located in an exclusive residential area, within walking distance of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and all of town’s amenities.
Plenty of space to park your car/s, plus a covered parking space just outside the front door, for two large cars.
GARDEN/S AND LAND
Fully fenced private garden of 2,500 sqm, with manicured lawns, mature trees and shrubs, a vegetable garden, and some fruit trees. The garden benefits of a manually operated irrigation system with sprinklers scattered all around its area. Water for irrigation of the garden is provided by a 60m deep artesian water well.
DOES THE PROPERTY HAVE A SWIMMING POOL?
In summer, the current owners put an above ground swimming pool in the garden, mainly for their grandchildren. However, given the size of the garden, a proper swimming pool could very much be installed, subject to approval from the local council, of course.
ARCHITECTURAL VILLA BY GAE AULENTI FOR SALE IN PISA TUSCANY ITALY – LAYOUT
Large room for storage plus room with sink – Access from outside the house
GROUND FLOOR OF 400 SQM CIRCA + SHED OF 14 SQM
- Covered Parking
- Living room with fireplace, and dining area
- Sitting room
- Eat in Kitchen
- Laundry room
- Double Bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Single Bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Single Bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Cloackroom with WC and washbasin
- Corridor with built in wardrobe and bookcases
- Central boiler room – access from outside the house
- Storage room – access from outside the house
- Room with water pumps and compressor for the irrigation of the garden- artesian water well – access from outside the house
- Shed with garage door, for the storage of gardening tools
FIRST FLOOR OF 50 SQM CIRCA + TERRACE OF 20 SQM
- The first floor can be used either as part of the house with access from the ground floor, or as an independent apartment with access from the garden.
- Living room with kitchenette (can be turned into a bedroom)
- Double Bedroom
- Loo with WC and bidet, and a separate room with bathtub and washbasin
SOME AMAZING FEATURES AND EXTRAS
- Only property in Tuscany designed by Starchitect Gae Aulenti
- Ideally Located within walking distance of town’s amenities and leaning tower of Pisa
- Lovely Residential Area
- Private garden of 2,500 sqm with mature trees and shrubs
- Outdoor lighting with motion and twilight sensor
- Advanced home security system with infrared and cameras
- Covered parking area
- Possibility of having the ground floor and the first floor as two separate apartments
- Open fireplace
- Manually operated irrigation system with sprinklers
- 60m deep artesian water well
- Ceramic floor tiles, terracotta floor tiles, carpets, and hardwood flooring
- Ceramic bathroom wall tiles
- Double glazed windows with electric external shutters
- Mains Water, Electricity, Gas
- Heating: convector heaters in all rooms – each unit can have its individual temperature setting. Additional heated towel rails in the bathrooms. Fan convectors can be used for cooling provided a heat pump is installed.
- Boiler: set in the boiler room
- Wastewater: sewer
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE E.P.C. – ITALIAN A.P.E.
Date: 27/06/2012 – Class: G – 266.883 kWh/mq*anno
STATE OF MAINTENANCE
Not at all. Although very private, the villa is within walking distance of the centre of Pisa
Yes. The owners have dogs already and there is plenty of space for them to run and play. In addition to the garden being fully fenced, there is a dedicated fenced area for the dogs.
Just outside the ancient city walls of Pisa, which have recently been entirely refurbished and open to tourists, this property is centrally located, and easy to reach both on foot and by car. All transports are minutes away, also the International Airport is within 15 min drive.
Most windows and french doors open onto the private garden, conveying this peaceful feeling of living in the countryside, even when you are living in town.
ABOUT THE AREA
Sought-after residential area, locally known as ‘Porta a Lucca’, where most of the beautiful Pisan villas are to be found. A wealthy area indeed. Moreover, a tranquil, peaceful, and very safe one.
Very well connected. Pisa has taxis, busses, trains, and the best International Airport in Tuscany.
SCHOOLS IN AND NEAR PISA, TUSCANY
- Children until 5 years of age: Scuola dell’Infanzia (Pisa)
- 5 to 11: Scuola Primaria (Pisa)
- 11 to 13: Scuola Secondaria di Primo Grado (Pisa)
- 14 to 18: Scuola Secondaria di Secondo Grado (Pisa)
- University – Pisa
The nearest hospital is in Pisa (less than 10 min drive from the property).
IDEAS FOR FAMILIES IN AND NEAR PISA, TUSCANY
For things to do in and around Pisa, please visit this page on TripAdvisor
BEST RESTAURANTS IN AND NEAR PISA, TUSCANY
Here’s a detailed list of the best restaurants in and near Pisa, according to TripAdvisor.
TRAVEL TIMES BY CAR
- Pisa International Airport – 14 minutes
- Florence International Airport – 1 hour
- Pisa: 0 minutes
- Firenze: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Arezzo: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Grosseto: 1 hour and 47 minutes
- Siena: 1 hour and 49 minutes
- Livorno: 37 minutes
- Massa-Carrara: 1 hour
- Pistoia: 49minutes
- Lucca: 29 minutes
- Prato: 1 hour
Check the golf courses in and near Pisa, Tuscany
- Forte dei Marmi: 35 minutes
- Viareggio: 27 minutes
- Vecchiano: 10 minutes
- Marina di Pisa: 22 minutes
- Abetone – 1 hour and 47 minutes
ARCHITECTURAL VILLA BY GAE AULENTI FOR SALE IN PISA, TUSCANY– VIEWINGS
To schedule a viewing, please use our ‘CONTACT AGENT’ form on this page.